Monday, October 31, 2016

Sausage Party (2016)

Well, that sure was... something, I guess? Bad puns aside, I can't imagine a way to make a movie about anthropomorphic food, well, tasteful. Going in, I was prepared for poor graphics, ribald humour and hopefully some halfway-thoughtful social commentary. Clunkily offensive racial and sexual stereotypes, though? Not so much. It's the sort of thing that Parker and Stone can pull off, but their excesses are always backed up by genuine anger and equally genuine heart.

Some big names attached to this one, too, and some small miserly part of me feels let down by the likes of Ed Norton, Kristen Wiig and Paul Rudd. The only good thing I can say about this embarrassing piece of trash is that it prevented me having to watch Burton's Corpse Bride.

(IMDB link)

No comments:

Post a Comment